Thursday 25 February 2016

Two coloured Khols and my eye makeup: Khol Review & EOTD

Hi Girls, 

Today I am sharing my views about two of my current Favourite khols with which i created a soft smokey look for night outs and casual parties.
The Pencils i am talking about is-  Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in Green and Soultree Coloured Khol in Grey Glow
Lakme Eyeconic Green and Soultree Khol In Grey Glow Review, Eye Makeup


Lakme Eyeconic Green and Soultree Khol In Grey Glow Review, makeup look

Lakme Eyeconic Khol (Green)- 
Price- INR 250 for .35 gms, Quite reasonable for a khol pencil. 
Easily available on all major retail stores and online shopping sites.
I may not do a full eye makeup but a khol and kajal is my staple without which i can not step out. I usually find greens and blues attractive on my eyes compared to brown or greys. But then i always end up having shimmery colours of green. This time I was in search for a dark matte green and then i got this Lakme Eyeconic green. Although the company has launched other colours in the range like Grey, Blue, Brown & White but i had to have this green (i already had white)
The pencil is a retractable one with black outer cover tightly sealed with push cap; no wastage while sharpening keep it intact in your bag and forget it. it comes packed in usual card packing like other Lakme kajals.
The pencil is extremely smooth and glides on my lids and waterline, looks equivalently good on lid and waterline. I liked that in spite of being soft and buttery it does not break easily. 
Amazingly well pigmented and gives nice matte finish in single swipe. The colour is quite unique and i have not found this shade in other brands i have tried so far. Although i liked shimmery green liner from Maybelline but this one is matte dark green colour-no shimmers!The colour is created keeping indian skin tone/eye colors in mind.
The pencil does not smudge easily but you can easily create a smokey look smudging the pencil on your lids and it stays thereafter for 4-5 hours well on my oily lids without transferring after which it starts fading but when applied as liner or kajal it surely stays for 6+ hours. Since it is waterproof you need an eye makeup remover to properly remove this. Also i never noticed any irritation after this on my lids or waterline. 
I am loving this color as it goes well with most of my outfits- Indian and western both and would highly recommend this to all those who are crazy for kajal pencils like me. This is a MUST HAVE for eye makeup lovers.
My Rating- 5/5

Soultree Khol In Grey Glow Review

Lakme Eyeconic Green and Soultree Khol In Grey Glow review, swatches

Now Lets come to Soultree Coloured Khol in Grey Glow- INR 350
This is again an awesome khol stick from Soultree. I got this in one of Beauty Box and since then its always there in my Bag. 
This is creamy khol packet in a bullet case. Colour as the name says- Grey with metallic sheen. Also available in many more shades apart from grey. Easily available on online shopping sites.
Want a subtle look for your eyes yet want to highlight them- Multiple swipes on your lids & a little smudging and you are done. This soft, smooth and can be applied easily on lids without tugging or pulling. Moreover this is ayurvedic Kajal - means all ayurvedic ingredients (organic Ghee & natural pigments) and an awesome metallic shade of grey. Nice pigmentation and a decent staying power of 4-5 hours. It transfers little if applied alone on lid without setting it with powder. It does not show up well on waterline but what i love is that its an amazing base for smokey eyes. 
The only downside- you can not sharpen this to create a perfect line on lids.
Overall Soultree Coloured Khol in Grey Glow is again a pretty shade khol with amazing quality and ingredients. 
My Rating- 4/5
Todays look- I have used Lakme Eyeconic Khol In Green as base on lid (tapped a little more gren eye shadow above) & below waterline and Soultree Khol In Grey on outer corner and crease to give smokey look.  
I am not a pro at makeup but these pencils make my job easier and i do not need many tools and eye shadow palettes to get this soft smokey look; without any hassle


Lakme Eyeconic Green and Soultree Khol In Grey Glow swatches review, makeup look
Lakme Eyeconic Green and Soultree Khol In Grey Glow Review & Makeup Look

What other colours do you think i should try and which brand? Which colour khol is your current favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommendations by Engageya