Tuesday 16 August 2016

Salicylic Acid Foaming face wash- Saslic DS

Salicylic Acid Cleanser- Saslic DS Review

Hi Everyone, 
I am very fond of skin care products, more than even makeup. if you give me a chance to pick - I will always pick skin care products.
I keep hoarding face cleansers and if its meant for oily/combination/acne prone skin, its ought to be in my hands. But this time I somehow went out of stock and nearby medical store was an easy option. The sales person at medical store suggested this medicated cleanser usually prescribed by Dermas. 
So here lays in my hand- Saslic DS, foaming face wash from Cipla.
Price- 229.50 INR for 60ml. Easily available on medical stores.
The Cleanser is primarily salicylic acid cleanser as one of it major ingredients. It encourages the peeling of the top layer of the skin and opening up of the plugged follicles, which helps re-establish the normal skin- cell replacement cycle. Salicylic acid helps unclog pores to resolve and prevent lesions.
This cleanser is having two variants in the market- Saslic and Saslic DS.
Saslic DS has higher concentration of Salicylic acid and is meant for oily and acne prone skin.

Dosage- twice a day
Usage Instructions- take two actuations (i.e., approximately 1 ml of solution) and gently massage the foam all over the wet face avoiding eyes and surrounding areas. Allow it to remain for 20 to 30 seconds. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Use twice daily.
Ingredients- 
Salicylic Acid Cleanser- Saslic DS Review

Salicylic Acid Cleanser- Saslic DS Review

Obviously the cleanser is not free of paraben. The cleanser also mentions pH 5.5 which is close to skin acid level and would not kill skin friendly flora.

The Cleanser Saslic DS comes packed in a transparent plastic bottle with a pump dispenser housed in a carton box with all the details of the product on it. 
As mentioned, i take 1-2 actuations and apply on damp skin. I usually keep it for 3-4 minutes and then wash it off. This is white foam free of any greasiness and fragrance.
I observed that though this is meant to be a cleanser but is more of skin clearing lotion. Why?
it will not clean the dirt, grime or oil from the skin like usual cleansers. This rather sits on your skin like a layer and after washing you will not feel anything different within 2-3 applications. It takes little time to show results.
I had some mild to sever cystic acne on my cheeks and i use to apply this after washing my face with a mild soap free cleanser like Just Herbs Silksplash or oriflame rosemary and tea tree cleanser.
I found that my acne/pimple started drying after 3-4 applications while some mild ones disappeared. But this did not worked much to prevent new breakouts in my case. you would also observe little peeling of skin but as expected I could not find much improvements in my blemishes/spots as yet. I am yet to finish the bottle so cant give a verdict on this so soon.
Salicylic Acid Cleanser- Saslic DS

Overall Saslic DS is a good cleanser aka skin clearing lotion for oily to acne prone skin. I would recommend this but after doctor's consultation. 
My Rating- 4.5/5

Do you prefer medicated cleansers? which one would you highly recommend?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Nice Blog!!
    Make your skin smooth and moist with chemical free and paraben free cleanser , a product from Urvija.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 15, 2022

    Kaisey ho ap

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommendations by Engageya