Sunday 15 January 2017

Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark 011: Review, Swatches

If given one makeup wish, I would probably collect the entire eye pencil/crayon collection from all possible brands. This is something which I would probably never be enough of. 
Eye liners, Eye Pencils, Eye crayons, Kajals, Khols are my craze...
So today its an Eye pencil I will be talking about- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil in shade Amethyst Spark 011 from +ColorBar Cosmetics 
Price- 499 INR for 1.1 gms. You can find them on offer on various online shopping sites. I got this from a local makeup store as swatching becomes easy while shopping local.

Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark 011: Review, Swatches

Recently I have been using this Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark a lot in most of my party and wedding makeup and if you have checked my instagram pictures, you can easily find them. 

The pencil is, as name says a silver colored wooden sharpening pencil packed in a silver carton box, both have Purple ends to locate the colour, sealed with silver cap.
The pencil does not have any sharpener provided extra or with the cap so you need to keep as sharpener in your bag. 
Colour- its cool toned deep purple with bright purple shimmer particles which gives it a bright and eye popping shade. This is extremely well pigmented, just need a swipe for the colour to show off.
Texture- Pencil is smooth and easily glides on eyelids,no tugging or effort needed. its soft and feathery in texture and hence easily gets over and needs frequent sharpening. But still it does not break like usual soft textured pencils. 
Stay and Longevity- The colour although soft and buttery but settles within a minute of applying and does not smudge at all but can be blended shortly after application to create shades on eyes. The colour stays on my lids for 6-7 hours without any fading or transferring. 
Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark 011: Review, Swatches

Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark 011: Review, Swatches

Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark 011: Review, Swatches
My kiddo sharing the pic with me
Performance/overall look- I have applied this on my lids/below the waterline and it looks really pretty on my eyes. I have not tried this on waterline due to shimmers in it although the shimmers are not gritty but did'nt want to take chance. But the pencil never gave any kind of irritation. This colour would suit indian skin tone and that too on deep, dark eyes (black/deep brown). Even if you are not in a mood to colour your lids, just add a swipe of the colour and it instantly adds spark and brightens your look.
I loved this colour as it goes well with most of the colours and compliments indian as well as western attire. One can also use it as eye shadow or can add dimension to eye makeup with this. People like me who rely heavily on eye pencil and crayons, this is a great option to create an instant makeup look. I think Office going girls who often are short of time, can keep this is bag to transform their look to night party one easily.
While removing the colour is also not difficult, it easily gets off with a wet tissue/makeup remover/oil- no traces left behind. 

Overall Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil- Amethyst Spark 011 is a pretty shade with impressive quality and affordable price. Highly Recommended!
My Rating- 4.9/5
Have you used any of the Colorbar I-Glide pencils? whats your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommendations by Engageya